Book now for 2014
Beautiful Farmhouse Gîte in France
A spacious 4-bedroom detached house in the Dronne Valley, on the edge of the Dordogne and the Limousin, this villa sleeps up to 10.
Airy bedrooms sleep 9 adults comfortably, with extra beds/cots available for children and babies. Set in a quiet courtyard, surrounded by gardens and countryside at the edge of a quiet hamlet St-Front-la-Rivière, La Varenne lives up to its name 'the game reserve'.
Ask about short breaks, and discounts for small groups
The house, furnished as a comfortable home, has many lovely features. Built in the 1860's and completely renovated twenty years ago, recent work replaced all the bathrooms, and added solar heated water and a large swimming pool. All rooms are large and spacious with lots of natural light.
Une belle maison des amis - a holiday home for family and friends
- Ground Floor: Kitchen with range of wooden cupboards and breakfast table, Salon with formal dining area, WC.
- 1st Floor: Master Bedroom 1 with king sized bed, Bathroom with shower over large bath, Bedroom 2 with double bed.
- 2nd Floor: Bedroom 3 with double bed, Shower room, Bedroom 4 with three single beds, and a futon for smaller guests.
- Cooking: Fan assisted eye-level oven, mixed hob, microwave, fridge freezer.
- Heating: Log fire in salon, supplemented by electric heaters in every room.
- Facilities: Free satellite TV, DVD player, washing machine, dishwasher, baby grand piano (needs a lot of work!).
- Parking: Room for several cars on the drive, or quiet side roads adjacent to the property.
- Outside: A barbecue, and large table and chairs on the patio help guests to enjoy eating outside.
Garden, woods, land leading to river, swings, heated pool with Roman step, swings, all shared with owner.
For reasonably fit explorers, there's a chemin, pigeonnier, and cave which was used as a wartime hide in the
woods behind the house.